- At least 16 years old
- Prove your identity with 2 documents such as your birth certificate and your medicare card.
- Book your Driver's Knowledge Test (DKT) online or call the RMS 13 22 13
- Fill out the Licence Application Form
- Pass the Driver's Knowledge Test (DKT)
- Pass an eyesight test
- Pay fees for your Learner's licence and test
How to prepare for the Drivers Knowledge Test (DKT)?
- Read the Road User's Handbook
- Read the Question Bank
- Do the practice test over and over until you get them all correct. There is also an iPhone app available.
After passing the test
- Make use of the bonus hours with a driving school. 1 hour driving lesson = 3 hours in the Logbook. This can only be used for the first 10 hours with a driving school. This means you can get up to 30 bonus hours.
- Complete the Safer Drivers Course once you have reached 50 hours of actual driving to get a bonus 20 hours in your Logbook.