The Safer Drivers Course is designed for learner drivers wanting to learn more about becoming a safe driver.
Through both in-class activities and car coaching sessions, the Safer Drivers Course will help you to be safe long after the driving test. The course is fun, engaging and informative.
The course is $140. That is $7 per logbook hour! The course is to be paid before attending the first module of the Safer Drivers Course. The cost of the course has been subsided by Transport NSW.
The Safer Drivers Course is divided into two components:
- Module 1 - A three-hour group discussion with 10 – 12 learner drivers.
- Module 2 - A two hour on road coaching session with two learner drivers.
Is the Safer Drivers Course for me?
The course is designed for learner drivers with significant on-road experience and thinking about becoming a solo 'P' plate driver. The pre-requisites for entry are:
- Hold an NSW learners licence
- Completed a minimum of 50 actual logbook hours. (Hours must be real driving hours and not 3 for 1 bonus hours)
- Be under 25
Don't Have Enough Hours Yet?
What will I learn?
The Safer Drivers Course will explore the challenges that unsupervised drivers will face after they pass the test. You will learn strategies to deal with:
- external influences
- importance of thinking ahead
Module one will cover topics such as:
- following distances
- speed management
- gap selection
- hazard perception
In module 2 you will be able to put these into action behind the wheel.
We run multiple courses across Sydney, Newcastle, Central Coast, and Illawarra. Here is a sample below of our Campbelltown Route.
Safer Drivers Course Route
Where will the Safer Drivers Course be held?
- Check the venues near you here
- Enrol online and book securely using Trent’s online booking system.
- Alternatively, you can give us a call on (02) 8748 4500 to get started.
- If you would like to book with a friend, give us a call with your friend’s details so we can secure the spot for them as well.